Many homeowners do not know how their heating system works and which parts are responsible for heating their homes. This lack of knowledge often leads to heating repairs that could have been avoided with preventative maintenance. At Greer’s Banner Air of Bakersfield Inc, we help our customers keep their heating systems running smoothly and efficiently.
Here are seven of the most common heating or furnace problems that require an expert:
- Thermostat issues: One of the most common heating or furnace problems is there is an issue with the thermostat. If your heating or furnace system is not kicking on when it is supposed to, it may be because the thermostat is set too low. Alternatively, the problem could be that the thermostat itself is faulty and needs to be replaced. Call our professional heating replacement experts in Bakersfield, California, for assistance with this issue.
- Pilot light problems: A pilot light that is burning yellow instead of blue indicates that too much gas is flowing into the burner. It can create a fire hazard that needs to be fixed, so it’s important to call us immediately for furnace repair if you’re in Bakersfield or Shafter, CA.
- Loud sounds from the heater: Heating systems should not be too loud, so if you hear strange sounds emanating, it is time to call for repairs. Common sounds that indicate a problem include banging, popping, screeching, and grinding. These noises can be caused by various issues, such as a loose ball bearing, a failing blower motor, or degradation of the unit’s heating elements.
- Strange odors: If your furnace is emitting strange odors, it could be a sign of a gas leak. This is a severe issue that requires immediate attention from a professional.
- Uneven heating: If certain rooms or areas in your home are warmer or cooler than others, it could be due to a clogged air filter, closed vents, or a problem with the heating ducts. In some cases, it could also be an issue with the thermostat or furnace itself.
- High energy bills: Many homeowners do not realize that their furnace or heating system could be the reason for unexplained spikes in their energy bills. If your heating costs seem abnormally high, it is worth having your system inspected to see if it is running efficiently. It could be due to several different issues that our furnace repair professionals will be able to diagnose and recommend necessary repairs. We provide heating system repair services throughout Bakersfield, CA, and the surrounding areas.
- Frequent repairs: If you find yourself needing heating repairs regularly, it may be time to consider replacing your furnace or heating system altogether. An old or inefficient system will not only cost you more money in energy bills but will also require more frequent repairs.
If you are experiencing any of these heating problems, call Greer’s Banner Air of Bakersfield, Inc. at (661) 322-5858. Our certified and trained technicians are experts in furnace repairs and can help you get your system back up and running quickly. We are also renowned for our heat pump service in Bakersfield, CA, so contact us today to schedule a consultation.