When it comes to HVAC systems, one’s responsibility does not stop with buying a new unit. Many people consider installing their air conditioning system by themselves.
But, there are several things that you should be aware of before jumping into this business. This buyer’s guide is designed exactly for that – learn all the things you need to know before investing in your AC system.
If you are looking to get your AC service or installation, you should look for an air conditioning repair service in Bakersfield, CA.
How Much Does a New System Cost?
Calculating the amount you spend on a new system depends on a few factors:
- The size of your home
- The efficiency of the system
- The existing duct system in your home
Average Costs for General Installations and Repairs
- Ducts and Vents: Professionals may cost you hourly or depend on the value of the work. These generally cost from $550 to $730.
- Refrigerant Recharge: Refrigerant charging takes a maximum of two hours. Depending on the size of your AC and the type of refrigerant used, the price ranges from $180 to $430.
- Gas Leakage: Depending on the severity of the leakage, this repair can take up to eight hours. Usually, a professional costs you $145 – $300.
- Installation of the Condensing Unit: Experts charge you around $5000 to install a coil or a condensing unit. The installation might take up almost a whole day.
Apart from the costs of your current AC issues, contact an air conditioning service in Taft and schedule an AC service with an expert technician.
Repair or Replace?
When considering a new HVAC system, you might wonder if you need a new unit. Several factors decide whether you need to repair your unit or replace it with a new one. Consider the points given below:
- If your air conditioner is more than 10-15 years old, then it is a good time to consider a replacement.
- If you feel that your current system is hiking up your energy bills, you need to start looking for an efficient AC system.
- Frequent issues? It could be even from lack of maintenance, but if you feel that the cost of repairs is too much, you can invest that money in a new AC.
- Feel that your AC’s cooling isn’t efficient? Then, your unit is in for a tune-up.
- A noisy system could indicate several things, but it is generally easy to repair.
Looking for an air conditioning company in Shafter? We can help you. For our prompt and affordable services, call us, or drop us an email at [email protected] to get more details about any HVAC-related service.