The furnace fan is responsible for circulating air throughout your home, so it can be tempting to leave it running continuously to keep your home comfortable. However, there are a few things to consider before making this decision. Furnace repair experts like Greer’s Banner Air of Bakersfield, Inc. can help you determine the best choice for your furnace.
One thing to keep in mind is that continuously running the furnace fan can strain the motor, leading to premature wear and tear. Additionally, if your furnace isn’t properly maintained, leaving the fan on constantly can cause the furnace to overheat and be a potential fire hazard. If you are located in Shafter or Bakersfield, California, and your furnace is having issues, contact us today to get a professional furnace repair.
Benefits Of Running The Furnace Fan Continuously
Here are a few benefits of running the furnace fan continuously:
- Improved Air Quality: The furnace filter will capture more contaminants when the fan is constantly running. It can be primarily beneficial if you or someone in your home suffers from allergies or asthma.
- Even Temperature Distribution: If your furnace is properly maintained, continuously leaving the fan on can help evenly distribute the heat throughout your home, eliminating hot and cold spots.
- Reduced Energy Costs: Running the furnace fan continuously can save you money on your energy bills. The furnace won’t have to work as hard to maintain a comfortable temperature, and you may see a reduction in your energy consumption.
When To Leave The Furnace Fan Off
There are also a few instances when to leave the furnace fan off. These include:
- When no one is at home: If you’re going to be away from home for an extended period of time, there’s no need to leave the furnace fan running. You’ll save energy and money by turning it off before you go.
- When the temperature is mild: If the temperature outside is mild and you don’t need the furnace to run, there’s no need to keep the fan on. You can turn it off until you need it again.
- When the furnace is off: Obviously if the furnace is turned off, there’s no need to keep the fan running. Make sure to turn it off, so it doesn’t come on unexpectedly when the furnace kicks on.
The furnace fan is an essential part of your furnace, but it’s unnecessary to leave it running all the time. Consider your furnace’s needs and your family’s comfort when deciding to leave the fan on or off.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your furnace, contact a furnace repair expert at Greer’s Banner Air of Bakersfield, Inc. We are certified by BBB, NATE, and ACCA and have fully insured heating and cooling professionals. For many years we have been helping homeowners with heating repair in Bakersfield, Shafter, CA, and the surrounding areas. You can trust us with all your service and repair needs, so contact us today to schedule an appointment.