Air conditioning repair is one of those things you do not think about until it breaks down. But when the temperature rises and your home feels uncomfortable, you realize just how important it is. Air conditioning issues do not just occur out of nowhere. In most cases, there are warning signs that your air conditioner is in trouble long before it completely breaks down. If your air conditioning unit is already showing issues, then call us for AC repair in Bakersfield, CA, and surrounding areas. We will be able to assist you.
Here are the most common signs that mean your air conditioning is in trouble:
- Strange noises: If your air conditioner starts making strange noises like grinding, rattling, or squealing, it could be a sign that something is wrong. Common air conditioner problems can cause strange noises due to loose parts, refrigerant leaks, or dirty and blocked air filters. Greer’s Banner Air of Bakersfield, Inc is a professional air conditioning company located in Shafter, CA. Our experienced technicians can repair your air conditioner before it breaks down completely.
- High humidity: If your home feels unusually humid even when the air conditioner is running, there may be a problem with the evaporator coil. The coil is responsible for removing moisture from the air, so your home will feel excessively humid if it’s not working properly.
- Poor airflow: If the air coming from your air conditioner is not as strong as it used to be, there could be a problem with the unit’s compressor. Other potential causes of poor airflow include dirty air filters and ductwork that are too small or restricted.
- Water leaks: If you notice any water leaks around your air conditioner, this is a sign that there is a problem with the condensate drain line. This line drains away moisture collected by the evaporator coil, so water can leak out if it becomes clogged.
- High energy bills: If you notice a sudden spike in your energy bills, it could be due to your air conditioner working harder than usual to cool your home. An air conditioner not running efficiently will use more energy to cool your home, leading to higher bills. It can be caused by a problem with the air conditioner itself or with your home’s insulation.
- Short cycling: If your air conditioner turns on and off more frequently than usual, this is known as short cycling. Short cycling puts a lot of stress on your air conditioner and can lead to a breakdown.
- Bad odors: A musty or moldy smell coming from your air conditioner could be a sign of bacteria or mold growth. It is usually caused by water that has leaked into the air conditioner unit.
Knowing how to spot the early warning signs of air conditioner problems can help you avoid a major breakdown and the expensive repair bills that come with it. It will also help to improve the efficiency of your air conditioner, which can save you money on your energy bills in the long run.
If you require air conditioning service in Bakersfield or Shafter, CA, contact Greer’s Banner Air of Bakersfield, Inc. Our company provides air conditioning repair, service, & installation in Bakersfield, California, and the surrounding areas.