We have exploited our planet’s resources since the day humans found ways to use these environmental resources for everyday life. We developed and invented machines that helped us live comfortably and conveniently, but we ignored the side effects of advancing technology.
Currently, the world is struggling with global warming and climate change, and we need to bring a change today so our future generations can live in a better environment. According to the air conditioning repair in Bakersfield, one of the easiest ways to bring a change is by spending less on machines and using environmental-friendly systems.
It is contradicting because it is impossible to survive this year’s summers without an air conditioning unit. But nothing in this world is impossible because Greer’s Banner Air experts have everything in control.
Experts Explain How to Maintain the Cooling and Not Harm the Environment!
Here are some tips from the experts working at air conditioning companies in Shafter to help you maintain the cool and save the environment:
- Use a portable or ceiling fan to circulate cool air and maintain the temperature after the AC system has lowered the temperature in the room.
- Most times, try to use the AC system at a constant temperature to reduce the load on the compressor.
- Use dark shade curtains and drape the windows during daytime when the sun is at its highest in the sky.
- Avoid heating appliances usage like an oven or hair dryer when the air conditioning system is operating or during the daytime.
- If you use a duct system for air circulation, call air conditioning companies in Shafter to inspect the insulation and duct system because around 10-13% of energy is dissipated in the air when the processed air travels through the ducts.
- Open up the windows and doors at night and let the air flow in order to improve the ventilation.
- Health experts recommend drinking tons of water in summer to remain hydrated and stay healthy and fit in extreme temperatures.
You should wear more breathable and light fabric clothes like cotton clothes.
How Do Air Conditioning Systems Harm the Environment?
If you think about how an AC system affects the environment, air conditioning repair in Bakersfield, CA will explain how.
Back in the day, freon refrigerant was in the AC system, but its usage released CFCs (Chlorofluorocarbons)and HFCs (Hydrofluorocarbons) into the environment. These by-products of the refrigeration process interacted with the ozone layer particles and led to ozone layer depletion.
Production of carbon dioxide and water vapor increased exponentially after the industrial revolution. If you have heard the news that the Earth’s temperature has risen by one degree, it is because the greenhouse gasses absorb all the heat in the surroundings.
Tips to Remember Before Buying a New Air Conditioning System for Your Household!
Here are some tips that air conditioning companies in Shafter recommend seeing before buying an AC system:
- SEER rating should be above 16.
- Look for the Energy-Star Label by EPA.
- Buy an AC system with a size that perfectly cools your living space. An AC system with modern facilities and better air filters is the best.
You might think that reducing AC consumption and buying an energy-efficient AC unit will save the planet. According to the experts at air conditioning companies in Shafter, one small step at a time is enough to bring change to the world.