Summer is right around the corner. Use these spring tips from Greer’s Banner Air to help make your home a comfortable and cozy place. No one wants to suffer in the heat. Help your family cool down and enjoy time together indoors with our easy tips.
- Time your sun exposure. Letting sunlight into the house will make it feel bright and cheerful, but it can also make it heat up quickly. The morning is a great time to let in a bit of fresh air and sunlight. By 11 or noon, though, the sun’s rays will be in full force. On workdays, make sure to pull curtains and blinds before you leave in the morning. Let in some light in the late afternoon through early evening before the sun goes down.
- Make sure your air conditioner is ready to perform. Everyone needs help from time to time with AC maintenance in Bakersfield, CA. You should start each seasonal change with maintenance services, that means twice a year minimally, a professional technician from Greer’s Banner Air should stop by your home. This appointment is crucial to getting your AC to perform quietly and efficiently. It helps extend the lifetime of your AC and also saves you money on monthly bills.
- Don’t stand with the fridge door open. Make sure to tell this one to the kids. Taking a long time to decide what to get from the fridge lets out tons of cool air. It can feel good in the moment but it actually increases the temperature in your home. What happens when you stand in front of the door is your fridge suddenly has to work hard to try to reach internal temperature settings again after dispersing so much air. The exhaust fans under and in the back of the fridge let off a bunch of hot air into the house.
- Keep cool down snacks on hand. Small after meal desserts like popsicles and frozen yogurt can help everyone cool down from a hot day. Additionally, iced beverages like cold brew coffee, iced tea, and fruit juices are helpful. Keep a pitcher of something tasty ready in your fridge. Blending smoothies with ice cubes, frozen fruit, and yogurt is another healthy cool down treat to enjoy.
- Remember comfortable and breathable clothing. Lightweight, breathable material fabrics will help you stay cooler than most synthetics. Try loose fitting garments and breezy materials. This might be the time to get haircuts and trims for everyone in the family to help counter the warmth.
Make sure your pre-season work is done with help from Greer’s Banner Air. Call us to help your family with AC maintenance in Bakersfield, CA. We have a pre-season special offer for $100 AC unit maintenance that ends June 1st. Call us today at (661) 322-5858.