Summer has arrived, which may necessitate seeking refuge from some of the season’s uncomfortable heat. Homeowners don’t want frequent AC repair in Shafter, CA, or replacement. On the contrary, it is desirable for air conditioners to work efficiently for as long as possible.
Tips For Maximizing The Longevity of Your Air Conditioner
- Change Your System’s Filter Routinely: Your system must breathe to function. Dirty filters put more stress on the unit than necessary and can shorten its lifespan. Regularly replacing your filters will help your system operate as efficiently as possible and remove dirt, dust, and allergens from the air in your home.
- Use A Smart Thermostat: Especially during the summer, you should avoid running your air conditioner continuously whenever possible to reduce system strain. Keep the temperature raised by a few degrees when you leave the house. This will prevent your system from running at total capacity to maintain the temperature in an empty home, reducing your electric bill.
- Regular Tune-ups: As with all mechanical systems, routine air conditioning service in Taft is the best way to avoid catastrophic and expensive failures. HVAC systems do not require particularly intensive maintenance, but this does not negate the importance of routine maintenance. Your air conditioner and heating system should be inspected, cleaned, and tuned annually. Scheduling your air conditioner service in the spring and your furnace service in late summer or early fall will ensure your system is optimized for efficiency on the day you need it. It can be resolved if a significant problem is discovered before the time to switch plans.
- Exterior Unit Examination: The outdoor unit, or condenser, is the real workhorse of your air conditioning system. Debris and stones can become lodged within the team during severe weather. This debris can then interfere with the fan’s operation, leading to possible pipe damage or leakage. It is recommended to visually inspect the unit for any visible damage after a storm, particularly before the summer season.
- Upgrade Your Home Insulation: Insulation ensures that the air conditioner functions effectively. While an air conditioner conditions the air in your home, insulation prevents it from escaping. During air conditioning service in TAFT, you should also determine if your insulation needs to be upgraded. Poor insulation will result in air conditioning loss. Consequently, your air conditioning unit would have to cycle on and off, making it work harder repeatedly. This strains various AC components, including the motor and compressor. As a result, your maintenance costs will rise, and the average lifespan of your air conditioner will decrease.
It is possible to increase your air conditioner’s lifespan and prevent it from frequent AC repair in Shafter, CA. Call Greer’s Banner Air of Bakersfield, Inc. now to know about any problems your AC might be showing. We provide world-class air conditioner maintenance and repair services.